May 26, 2013

My Two Cents on Delivery

There are a million bloggers with their own ideas on advice for soon to be new mothers. Having recently joined the ranks of "Mothers" I thought I would add my two cents.



Things to bring with you when you are in labor:

  • A nice big towel
  • Quality toilet paper
  • Snacks (I loved sucking on mints and chewing gum.)
  • Joke Book or Comedy CD
  • Book/Magazine/Movie
  • Map of nearby restaurants 
  • Robe 
  • Slippers/socks

Things you will want later:

  • Baby book (Or a nice piece of paper for baby's first foot print) 
  • Camera to take shots of visitors
  • An eye mask (The nurses come in way too often!)
  • Onesies in multiple sizes (Sometimes the baby is a lot bigger or smaller than anticipated.)
  • A big bag to put all the stuff they give you 

Things to remember: 

  • You choose who you let into the room
  • Don't stress the small stuff
  • Trust your instincts and the doctors medical training
  • Be patient
  • Report anything unusual
  • Rest when you can 
  • Write down what happened as soon as possible. (Sleep deprivation does a number on your memory.)

Having a baby is a wonderful experience. Good luck to you.

Think of anything else I missed? Leave a comment and I will add it to the list.

No comments: