Aug 26, 2012

Checking off goals

I recently finished reading Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie, the creator of the shoe TOMS. I loved it! If you are looking for something to read make sure you add this to the list. I would even say this is worth buying, which is a lot coming from me. For every copy purchased a book goes to a child in need.

This book has been pressing on my mind the last couple of days, forcing me to reexamine what I am currently doing with my time and how I might better serve the world around me. It is something that I need to continue to think about, but I hope to get back to you when I have reached some conclusion.

The reason I bring this book up? Mycoskie spends time in his book discussing passions and actively seeking for goals. I don't know about all of you but sometimes actively seeking for my goals can be quite difficult. Life seems to always get in the way. One thing that has brought some focus into my day is the website, Daily Feats. Have you heard of it?

If you answer is yes, I challenge you to sign up and use the site. If you answer is no, then by all means please pull up a chair so I can educate you. Daily Feats is a free site that rewards you for doing small things to make your life and the world around you better. Each time you check in on a feat you get points. Those points can then be used to redeem coupons, receive giftcards, or donate money to charity. Daily Feats partners with different companies like Starbucks, Barnes and Nobel, and Groupon.

The reason I love the site? It has a tracking feature for feats that you want to focus on completing. At the moment I have six different goals. Each day I check them off I can see my progress, my momentum, my recorded highs, the last time I checked in, etc. I love it because it is a subtle nudge for somethings I should be doing any ways.



It also has weekly or daily challenges that I find extremely fun to complete. For each challenge completed you get points for each feat and then a bonus amount for finishing them all in the time frame.


I haven't been using the site for long, but I have already received a couple of giftcards. I use them to help pad my budget. Yesterday I used a giftcard to help pay for our date night. Before that I used a giftcard to help my husband afford a new pair of shoes he has been wanting. Before that I donated some of my points to one of the charities.

The best part? It only takes a couple of minutes to check in every night and you can do it on your phone or your computer. Take a minute and check it out. (Search for the Daily Feats free app in the app store.) Pretty soon you will be smiling as you open doors, pay rent, eat leftovers, take the stairs, and reach out to a person in need. All feats you can check off at the end of the day.

What is one goal you are working on this week? Want to do good and earn some extra cash? Check this site out today.

*I am not paid by this site in any way. I think it is just an excellent way to improve your life and your budget.

No comments: