Aug 20, 2012

Weekly Menu Plan 8/20

In an effort to spend less money at the grocery store I am trying to plan my weekly menu so that I only make one trip instead of four. It is something I read about in America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money: Your Guide to Living Better, Spending Less, and Cashing in on Your Dreams. Ridiculously long title but I actually learned a lot from reading the book. I am trying to implement that learning in small steps. (Saving on groceries, budgeting, car insurance, etc.) Look for more updates about that in the future.

No, I did not buy the book. I checked it out from the library. But I am considering purchasing it to add to my shelf of books I think every mom should read at least once. This week I plan to read the next book Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half with America's Cheapest Family: Includes So Many Innovative Strategies You Won't Have to Cut Coupons. Which my husband is thrilled about because coupons have been a bump in the past. I will have to let you know what I think of it when I am done reading.

The whole idea of shopping once is every time you go in for the one thing you always end up coming out with more. So if you only go in once the amount of impulse buying decreases significantly. Kind of like Target. (I try not to go without Mr. WB because the dollar spot is very dangerous.)




Source: imglols.com via Madison on Pinterest


For more funny pictures and stories check out the original source here. I digress, back to menu planning.

Setting a weekly menu can be tough. I like to look at my cupboards, think of what I like to eat, consult my husband (rarely helpful), look at my schedule, and end up spending a good hour on Pinterest perusing my boards of recipes to try. No joke. Sometimes I only make one meal that I planned. Life happens.

This Week's Menu Plan

Monday: Revolutionary Mac N Cheese
with salad and green beans
Tuesday: Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Lasagna
Wednesday: Curry
Thursday: Pizza
Friday: On Your Own / Leftovers Buffet / Dinner Out (It all depends on how lazy I feel)
Saturday: Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup with Bread Sticks
Sunday: Breakfast for Dinner - Breakfast potatoes, eggs, toast, and fruit

I didn't include breakfast or lunch because we generally eat cold cereal and leftovers. :)

Want to find more ideas for a weekly menu plan?

Visit the orgjunkie or just click on the picture below.



No comments: