Aug 10, 2012

Pretty Pistachio Pie

I love finding new recipes online and trying them at home. Thank you Pinterest! My husband usually doesn't complain because it means more yummy food for him. Recently he started bugging me about making a recipe from one of our mutual friends. She is an amazing woman who is famous in our friends circle as making delicious food for huge groups. 

I got the recipe! And it took me 3 months to make it. Not bad considering my husband has been asking me to make this since we got married.  In my defense it was not online. So finding it was not an easy task. Especially if you consider the fact that we just moved. Any ways. I decided to put it online so that you could make this delicious Pretty Pistachio Pie for your husband and make him smile. Enjoy!



You will need flour, butter, sliced almonds, cream cheese, powdered sugar, cool whip, milk, and pistachio pudding mix.

Pretty Pistachio Pie

1 c. flour
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. sliced almonds (and extras for the top)
8 oz cream cheese
1 c.  powder sugar
1/2 c. cool whip (and extra for the top)
3 c. milk
2 small packages of pistachio pudding

Instructions:

The Crust
Mix the flour, butter, and sliced almonds together. Press into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350* for 15 min. Let it cool completely.

Cream Filling
Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cool whip together. Spread evenly on the cooled crust.

Pudding Layer
Mix 3 c. cold milk with two small pudding packages. Spread over crust and cream layers. Place in fridge until pudding is set.

Add a layer of cool whip and almonds on top before serving. Enjoy! 

No comments: