Sep 16, 2013

Italian Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I've been reading several books and articles about food recently. As I read I can't help but change how I feel about the food I feed my family. I want my boys to eat things that are healthy, delicious, and easy to prepare. Not an easy feat.

Yesterday I made some amazing sandwiches. It was easy, fast, and nutritious. I loved them so much I had to share.



I picked up a simple pork roast at the store, placed it in the crockpot, and poured italian dressing over the top. I let that simmer on low for 4-5 hours. And then I threw it all in the mixer. Did you know if you place cooked meat in the mixer on low it shreds into small delicious pieces? Easiest dinner ever.

While the meat was cooking I started on the bread. It was surprisingly pretty easy. I used this recipe for Italian Herb and Cheese Bread. I haven't had a lot experience with bread, but it turned out. Look at how pretty it is:


I sliced up the bread, avocados, tomatoes, and lettuce. Add some delicious shredded pork and dinner was set. We will definitely be making this again. 

No comments: