Feb 5, 2014

Pork Chops and Applesauce

I love simple and delicious meals. They make me happy on tough days when all I want to do is eat ice-cream straight from the carton. Having a go to list of recipes you can make in a snap help me eat healthier. I'm working on building my list here.

Last week I found a pork chop recipe on allrecipes and tweaked it a little to make it my own. I loved these with a simple salad and some mashed potatoes. Next time I will try and get a picture. :)

Pork Chops and Apple Sauce
2-4 pork chops (Tenderize them to make the pork melt in your mouth.)
Dash of seasoning salt (A dash of salt makes everything taste a little better.)
1. 5 cup of applesauce (Allrecipes has a recipe to make your own applesauce. I cheated and used two cups of apple sauce from the store to save on time.)
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
Grill

Tenderize the pork chop, add a dash of seasoning salt, and throw on a hot grill. I used my George Foreman. Cook for 5-10 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your pork chop. Top with applesauce and grated cheese. Continue grilling until cheese is just melted.  Enjoy!


No comments: