Jun 28, 2014

Fruit Leather - Apricot

This last week apricots went on sale at my favorite produce market.  I bought close to two pounds and waited impatiently for them to ripen.  Once they did I pulled out my dehydrator for the first time.  I've had it for a while.  But using it just seemed so scary I kept putting it off.  After my first experience I can't wait to try using it again.  My husband is requesting jerky.  So I guess that is next on my list of things to try.

Apricot Fruit Leather

  • Wash 2 lb. of apricots
  • Remove pits, slice into quarters, throw in blender
  • Add a dash of lemon juice
  • Blend until smooth
  • Pour mixture into two fruit leather sleeves in your dehydrator
  • Cook on 135* for 5-8 hours
  • Remove from dehydrator when there are no wet or sticky spots
  • Place on wax paper
  • Roll up and cut with kitchen shears
  • Store in an airtight container
  • Enjoy

I can't wait for more fruit to go on sale so I can try different combinations. My house smelled amazing all day long.  I was in heaven.  Next time I might try some pineapple or banana.  My leather took close to 8 hours, but I poured one batch slightly fuller than the other.  My son loved when I cut him off small pieces and my husband ate a whole roll by himself. 

 One more goal off my list.  I need to step it up if I want to finish all 99 before February 25, 2016.  Next up is goal 94.  I'm so excited to go on a cruise.  You can check out why I'm working on 99 goals and my progress here.

No comments: